Accounts Receivable Administrator
The Accounts Receivable Administrator is responsible for follow through and collection results on all open Accounts Receivable amounts, handling and applying incoming payments, and preparing daily invoices and monthly statements for all customers. The Accounts Receivable Administrator also produces key reports that will allow for effective tracking of receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are the responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Administrator, but are not limited to the following:
- Contact customers by phone, email, or other methods to collect all current and past due receivable amounts
- Apply customer payments received (physical checks or cleared e-check and credit card payments taken by phone) against open receivables
- Accept and apply e-check or credit card payments made over the phone from collection calls or from staff intake form and post to third party website account
- Monitor e-check and credit card activity and apply payments when transaction has cleared
- Address/resolve customer billing questions and issues. Coordinate with production departments as needed to obtain information necessary to complete collections
- Responsible for generating invoices within 24 hours or less from time of request from various JCR personnel (when the work is completed or for required progress payments)
- Print, filter out and mail monthly Accounts Receivable statements to customers
- Responsible for daily cash application, scanning and transmitting checks to the bank
- Maintain daily files of received checks and paperwork along with daily deposit report and bank submission
- Track and apply payment checks brought in by company personnel and generate check requests for bonus program
- Provide timely notification of potential problem collections to Controller
- Provide log note updates in JCR’s accounting/job management system (PSA) to track all calls, faxes, emails and in-person conversations with clients.
- Update AR Note field in PSA for tracking and updating progress on collections.
- Generate and e-mail daily deposit report to distribution list
- Provide notary public support for documents
- Handle/support preparation and distribution of bi-weekly payroll checks to field employees, office checks to supervisors/managers, and commission/bonus checks to General Manager
- Create weekly and monthly reports and spreadsheets showing cash collections and projections
- Generate a weekly report reflecting aged, accounts receivable list. Meet with Controller to review all open aging with status.
- Hold weekly accountability meetings with each production division to obtain status updates to ultimately ensure timely receipt of payments. Provide a weekly report or spreadsheet (AR Report) in advance to allow divisions to prepare.
- Run reports weekly or as needed, for over and under billings and for completed work with unpaid balances.
- Attend weekly CMD/production meetings and update JCR’s accounting/job management system and applicable reports as needed.
- Verify mortgage company(s) information with the customer and prepare necessary paperwork required to submit to mortgage companies for handling insurance payment checks
- Prepare and communicate demand letters for past due accounts
- Generate and file lien paperwork when necessary including the management of legal/collection actions.
- Assist as backup to some compliance requests when needed
- Assist with special projects as requested by Controller
- Knowledge of restoration processes and procedures is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of results-oriented collections experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in writing and communicating in a professional manner
- Experience in the insurance industry as it relates to claims handling is desired.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Hard working TEAM player who can easily adapt to changing needs.
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
Interested candidates can submit their resume to the following, or fill out the below form.
J.C. Restoration, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3200 Squibb Ave.
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008