Purchasing Manager – Reconstruction Division
Reports toDirector of Reconstruction
The Purchasing Manager is primarily responsible for developing purchasing strategies, developing and maintaining positive relationships with vendors/suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their procurement needs. This position will require the ability to negotiate the best possible pricing, lead times and terms with suppliers and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are the responsibility of the Purchasing Manager as assigned by Director of Reconstruction, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain relationships with current key vendors/suppliers to ensure JCR continues to receive the best price, lead times, and payment terms.
- Continually establish relationships with new vendors/suppliers to ensure JCR receives the best price, lead times, and payment terms.
- Develop and implement an internal purchasing protocol within the Reconstruction Department of JCR.
- Assist Sales Estimators by sourcing specialty building materials/trade quotes and lead times in order to achieve a signed contract.
- Collaborate with Reconstruction Project Managers to source and procure materials for projects to ensure the desired production schedule and budget are adhered to.
- Build and continue to ensure vendor/supplier information is accurate in JCR’s job management program.
- Responsible for approving quotes/proposals/orders of vendors/suppliers against agreed upon terms.
- Responsible for approving invoices against quotes/proposals/orders.
- Establish a program to track lead times and actual delivery of purchased materials.
- Assist Reconstruction Project Managers with returns of damaged materials delivered to project sites.
- Ensure JCR’s selection samples stay current and organized.
- Assist the Director of Reconstruction in vetting and building a strong base of JCR trusted trade partners.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction industry experience is required, knowledge of the restoration industry is preferred.
- Proven working experience as Purchasing Manager, Agent or Officer.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle with a valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Hard working TEAM player with a strong desire to learn and who can easily adapt to changing needs.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to the following, or fill out the below form.
J.C. Restoration, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3200 Squibb Ave.
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008